According to a new survey by the National Safety Council, narcotics and other physician prescribed medications are having a negative impact on the American workforce. Workers addicted to prescription pain medication miss 50% more work than workers that do not struggle with narcotic abuse or addiction. The statistics show that the lost time adds up to as much as six weeks per year.
Employee use of prescription drugs have impacted more than 70% of employers.
- Absenteeism is the primary complaint among employers.
- According to the National Safety Council, employees who abuse opioids miss twice as many days of work as employees addicted to other drugs.
- Because narcotics impact both mental and physical functions, workplace injuries are a large problem.
- The dilemma is that workplace injuries are often a gateway to opioid abuse and pain medication disorders.
- Employers are also dealing with on the job overdose situations and drug poisonings.
- Even when opioid or CNS depressant medications are used as prescribed, they can still impair mental or physical function, and create job hazards.
- Employees who abuse opioids cost employers almost twice as much in healthcare expenses on average than non-abusers.
More than 30% of Employers are now recognizing the benefits in providing insurance coverage for alternative pain treatments that treat pain in a more holistic and natural way without the use of prescription pain pills.
CBD ADVANTAGE OVER CURRENTLY PERSCRIBED MEDICATIONS
No potential for addiction unlike opioids, antidepressants, benzodiazepines, and sedative sleep aids.
- No respiratory depression or risk of lethal overdose unlike opioids.
- No mental or physical function impairment unlike opioids, CNS depressants, or sedative sleep aids.
- Does not damage the liver or kidneys unlike opioids, acetaminophen and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Does not erode the lining of the stomach unlike nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- No constipation unlike narcotics.
- No memory or cognitive impairment unlike opioids, sedative sleep aids, or benzodiazepines.
- Does not increase suicidal ideation or impotence unlike antidepressants or benzodiazepines.
- No immune suppression unlike prednisone and other steroids.
- Does not increase depression or anxiety, or affect mood unlike anticonvulsants and medications utilized for neuropathy.
- Does not affect gait or balance unlike opioids, antidepressants, anxiolytics, and sedative sleep aids.
- Will not cause abnormal heart rates unlike SSRI and other antidepressants.
- THC Free nonpsychotropic, will not induce anxiety unlike THC containing dronabinol, nabiximols, nabilone.
- No psychotropic THC. CBD is not a controlled substance so No OARRS reporting or urine drug screen required unlike Narcotics, and other controlled substances.
- No prior authorization needed unlike narcotics.
- Money saved on treatments and hospitalizations that stem from side effects, falls, and workplace accidents due toopioids, NSAIDS, benzodiazepines, SSRI, and polypharmacy.
- No worker absenteeism related to CBD usage. Lost work time due to opioid abuse or addiction can be up to 6 weeks per employee.
THERE IS AN ALTERTATIVE SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM!
GIVING EARTH NUTRACEUTICALS HEMP CBD
- National Safety Council, Injury Facts 2016: https://www.nsc.org/membership/members-resources/injury-facts
- Castlight Health, Opioid Crisis in America’s Worforce: http://www.drugfreenj.org/assets/_control/content/files/DDW2016summer.pdf
- SAMHSA, National Survey on Drug Use and Healt: https://www.samhsa.gov/data/population-data-nsduh